- HOME >
- Ozone Facts
Often people say “where is Ozone used, I haven’t heard of Ozone water treatments”
The history of Ozone use dates back as far as 1840 and has been used to purify water and treat patients for more than 160 years. Some major cities in Europe have used ozone to purify the municipal water supply since the turn of the century. The Los Angeles municipal water treatment facility uses ozone, and is the largest in the world. Most swimming pools in Europe use ozone rather than chlorine to purify water. It has been known for at least 100 years that ozone is highly germicidal in that it will almost instantly kill virtually all viruses, bacteria, fungi, parasites, molds, cancer, etc. It is known to oxidize just about all man made chemicals also.
So, since 1933, the AMA and the FDA have done everything in their power to prevent ozone therapy from being used or even known about, in order to protect the profits of the pharmaceutical industry and promote the practices of the membership of the AMA.
These days, the FDA and the giant pharmaceuticals have interlocking directorships. People are working, and taking money, from both sides, while still supposedly maintaining their impartiality.
Most negative information on the Internet regarding ozone seems to be derived from large corporations in conjunction with government bodies to protect their vested interests.
SwimFresh’s range of Oxy Silver Purifiers sets the silver standard in supercharged oxygenated water for health, vitality and refreshment.
SwimFresh Ozone is one of the most powerful Sanitisers and Oxidisers on the market with an effective kill rate on waterborne viruses, bacteria and all other nasties at around 5000 times faster than chlorine, whilst leaving only super oxygenated water and colloidal copper and silver ions.
Unlike other systems on the market, SwimFresh produces no chlorine whatsoever making it a truly revolutionary unique system, nothing compares in quality of design and purity of water produced Tried & tested Australia wide with outstanding results, truly producing crystal clear “Water So Safe You Could Drink It”
Some Ozone Applications for air and water treatment are:
- Agriculture (Pesticide, Disinfectant)
- Aquaculture / Fish Farms (Disinfecting)
- Beverage Industry / Bottled Water (Bottle, Can and Equipment Sterilization)
- Beverage and filling line sanitation.
- Clean-in-Place (CIP) Systems (Sterilization)
- Commercial Car Wash Operations (Water & Wastewater, Chemical Reduction)
- Containers/Food Storage Tank Wash Down (Sterilization)
- Cooling Towers (Bio-Fouling Control/Chemical Replacement)
- Corks and Capsules (Sanitation, Mold Control, Taste and Odour Control)
- Dairies (Sanitation and Disinfection)
- Electronics (Ultra-pure Process Water)
- Fruit/Vegetable Processing (Disinfection, Product Extension)
- Groundwater Reclamation (Organic and Inorganic Oxidation/Reduction)
- Hydroponics (Water Treatment, Disinfection)
- Laundry and Dish Washing (Low Temperature Sanitation, Chemical Replacement)
- Industrial Applications (Halogenated Chemical Replacement, Process Gas, Process Water and Wastewater Treatment)
- Meat and Poultry Processing (Sanitation, Disinfection, Product Storage)
- Medical Applications (Equipment Sterilization)
- Mould Control
- Odour Control (Oxidation – Water and Air)
- Ozonated Ice (Disinfection, Sanitation, Extending Product Storage Life)
- Swimming Pools and Spas (Chemical Alternative)
- Soil Remediation (Chemical Oxidation, Sterilization, Sanitation)
- Tank water purification for drinking
- Water and Wastewater Treatment (Organic and Inorganic Oxidation, Metals Reduction, Disinfection, COD/BOD Reduction, Turbidity Control
- Bleaching (Paper & Pulp)
- Cold Storage Facilities – food preservation
- Cyanide Destruction (Wastewater)
- Drinking Water (Pre / Post treatment)
- Dye Removal (Reuse)
- Food Processing (Sterilization / Fruit Washing)
- Heavy Metals Reduction (Wastewater)
- Landscape Architecture (Fountains, Mirror Ponds, Waterfall Bio-fouling control)
- Laundry Water – Commercial (Chlorine replacement-Low temperature washing – Recycling)
- Micro Flocculation of Suspended Solids (Chemical Alternative)
- Odour Removal, Control and Elimination (Water & Air)
- Pesticide Removal (Water & Wastewater)
- Pharmaceutical Industry (Process & Ultra purity)
- Textile Processes (Dye r oval)
- Turbidity (Water Clarity, Water & Wastewater)
- Ultra-pure / D.I. Water (Semiconductor Manufacturing)
- Zoos and Public Aquariums (Disinfection – Sanitation]
For advice on any of these Ozone applications, please contact us.